BALTIMORE, Md. (September 10, 2008) – Jeffrey A. Davis and Susan J. Anthony, partners with Baltimore PR firm Sawmill Marketing Public Relations, will discuss practical public relations during a workshop sponsored by SMEI-Baltimore/Washington (Sales & Marketing Executives International, Baltimore/Washington Chapter) on Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2008 at the Loyola Graduate Center, 2034 Greenspring Drive, Timonium, Md.
The workshop, “Putting Practical Public Relations to Work for You in a Down Economy,” begins with networking at 7:30 a.m. The program begins at 8 a.m. and concludes at 9:30 a.m.
During the presentation, the Baltimore PR firm veterans will share the following practical tips and tools:
– How to use a press release – and resulting coverage – as a sales tool.
– What to place in your Web site press room – the first and oftentimes the only place the media looks.
– How a press release can become your most valuable search engine optimization (SEO) tool.
– What media relations techniques turn off reporters – and what works.
– How an economical use of the wire services can lead to widespread coverage.
– The latest on the low-cost social media and social networking techniques, such as blogs and Twitter.
– A new, free service used by PR professionals which informs you what stories the media are working on each day and what sources they need.
“We always enjoy opportunities to speak with organizations and their members about ways PR can add value to what they are trying to achieve,” said Davis. “The SMEI workshop is especially timely because during difficult economic times, the marketing budget is often the first expense executives look to cut, yet an effective use of public relations can help carry a company through a downturn and beyond.”
To register, email email@example.com or call 410-925-6005. Cost is $20 for members, $50 for non-members.
About Sawmill Marketing Public Relations
Sawmill Marketing Public Relations, headquartered in Baltimore, is a Baltimore PR firm established in 1995 specializing in the development and execution of marketing public relations programs as business development strategies for business-to-business, business-to-consumer and professional services clients. The Maryland PR firm specializes in media relations, media training, crisis communications and social media. For additional information, visit http://www.sawmillmarketing.com To read Sawmill’s blog on public relations trends visit www.sawmillpr.wordpress.com.
Sales & Marketing Executives International (SMEI) is the worldwide organization dedicated to ethical standards, continuing professional development, knowledge sharing, mentoring students and advancing free enterprise. For more information, visit http://www.smeibaltimore.org or call 800-999-1414.
# # #